Grace Ministries International offers advanced discipleship training called “The Encounter”. This is an in-depth classroom and experiential training program designed to take the learner deeper into their own spiritual journey and equip the disciple to become the discipler. The purpose of The Encounter is to provide the opportunity to experience Christ in community with other believers, as well as equip them to effectively communicate the truth of the indwelling, empowering presence of Christ as Life. The students will participate in community with fellow students, as well as have opportunities to meet with a personal mentor.
The training is conducted by Grace Ministries International staff and other gifted speakers by way of DVD. The students will be required to complete outside reading and other homework assignments in addition to class attendance. Upon completion of the requirements, students are awarded a certificate authorized by the Association of Exchanged Life Ministries and Grace Ministries International.
Attending a “By Divine Design” Conference is a prerequisite for The Encounter
NOTE FOR THOSE STUDENTS ATTENDING THE DAYTIME PROGRAM: ALL REQUIRED READING MUST BE DONE BEFORE CLASSES BEGIN
“The Encounter” is offered in three different formats in order to meet the varying needs of students.
- Weekly Encounter – The class meets on Tuesday evening from 6:30-9:30 beginning in late January.
Please contact the Director of Training for details.
- Monthly Encounter – The class meets one weekend a month. A weekend being defined as Thursday and Friday evening from 6:30-9:30 and Saturday from 9:00-5:00 for an ten-month period beginning in August.
- Daily Encounter – The class meets daily from 9:00-5:00 for 7 weeks during the summer.
2017 – 2018 Dates
Monthly Encounter: August 17-19, 2017 – June 7-9, 2018
Weekly Encounter: January 25-27 2018 – Classes are every Tuesday night starting February 6
Monthly Encounter – July 1, 2017
Weekly Encounter – October 1, 2017
Sampling of Encounter Topics
- In-depth study of Romans Chapters 5-8
- Concept of God
- The Centrality of the Cross
- Growing Free
See some of our endorsements